Chemical Peel Facts
Dermalogica Pro Power Peel Contra-Indications
We would kindly ask you to read the following contra-indications before you consider booking yourself in for a consultation for a Dermalogica Pro-Power Peel Treatment to avoid disappointment.
- Has received a resurfacing skin procedure such as laser, light therapy, microdermabrasion or chemical peel within the last two weeks.
- Has received Botox or other injectables within the last week.
- Has used Retin-A within the last 48 hours.
- Has used Isotretinoin (Accutane) in the last six months.
- Has waxed within the last 72 hours.
- Has a contagious skin disease or infection such as an active cold sore.
- Is pregnant or Lactating.
- Is going into the sun within 2-3 weeks of having the skin peel.
- Has an allergy to latex.
Pro Power Peel Post-care instructions
- Apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily following treatment.
- Follow the prescribed post-care instructions.
- Avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- Do not wax or sue any type of exfoliating products for 72 hours, or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity on the treated area.
- Do not pick or peel at scabs, blisters or loose sin, as scarring may occur.
- Avoid excessive heat sources (such as sun exposure or dry saunas and steam rooms).
- Avoid strenuous exercise or any activity that could lead to increased blood circulation to the face for 24 hours following this treatment. (This can cause an increased warming effect, which could result in discomfort, redness, inflammation, swelling or other side effects).