As they say, there’s a 100 ways to “skin” a cat, the same thing goes when it comes to exfoliating your skin. There are 3 types of exfoliation: Physical, Mechanical and Chemical! What type of exfoliator are you? 🤔
I like to exfoliate at night to help get off all the layers of sunscreen, sweat and debris and to prep my skin to receive my nighttime elixirs! Sometimes I do all 3 at the same time!! 🙆🏾♀️🧏🏾♀️🤷🏾♀️ (I use an exfoliating cleanser that contains an AHA + a mechanical exfoliation tool).
- Exfoliating scrub 🧽
- Scrubby Gloves 🧤
- BFF Skin Scrubber ✨
- NOVACleanse 🧼
- AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) * All skin types benefit
- BHA (Beta-Hydroxy Acid) *Acne prone skin / overly active oil production
- Salicylic Acid
- Willow Bark
- PHA ( Poly-Hydroxy Acid) * Most Gentle
- Lactobionic acid
🌟 Exfoliating at least 2-3 times a week can be so beneficial when it comes to maintaining a healthy glow as it helps prevent clogged pores, resulting in fewer breakouts.
🌟 Long-term exfoliating can increase collagen production.
🌟 Collagen is key to glowing, vibrant skin. The protein also promotes skin elasticity, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and related sagging.
💕 Lastly, giving your skin a fresh canvas, allows your products to penetrate and help increase effectiveness of your targeted treatments.
I’m doubling down my cleansing routine with TWO exfoliators: Dermalogica Glycolic Wash & my NOVACleanse by Sur:
- Deep cleansing facial tool for a relaxing spa experience at home when you can’t see me!
- Specialized to effectively clean out pores, prevent breakouts and enhance glow
- 7,000 sonic pulsations help penetrate into your pores to eliminate dirt, oil, makeup residue, and bacteria to help prevent future breakouts
- Water-proof, no batteries and no replacement heads!
- Silicone design — more hygienic than nylon bristles and easy to clean!